Derrick Reimer is the founder of SavvyCal, and co-host on the Art of Product podcast. We talk about what it takes to build a product in one of the most competitive markets there is, calendar scheduling, how Derrick has grown the business over the past few
Derrick Reimer is the founder of SavvyCal
, a new approach to calendar scheduling and has grown to multiple thousands MRR since he launched it earlier in 2020. Derrick also co-founded Drip with Rob Walling in 2012, which was acquired by Leadpages in 2016. You might have heard Derrick on the Art of Product
podcast with Tuple co-founder Ben Orenstein
where they document their journey building their products.
Get ad-free and extended conversations of the podcast with Indie Feast membership,
for just £4 a month.What we covered in this episode:
RecommendationsFollow DerrickFollow MeThanks to this episode's sponsor, Churnkey
- What is SavvyCal?
- What problem is it trying to solve?
- Why go into such a crowded market?
- A nice market or crowded one?
- The advantage of being a solo founder or small team vs larger competition
- How long did Derrick build before launching the MVP?
- How much growth has come from pre-existing audience?
- What goes into a good Product Hunt launch?
- When should Indie Hackers bring marketing support on?
- What marketing tactics can you employ?
- How does TinySeed funding work?
- Should other founders look for this type of funding?
- Art of Product podcast
It can be a huge challenge to keep churn down when your SaaS product starts to see traction. The founders of Churnkey know exactly how much of a challenge this can be, having collectively grown three SaaS companies to over $4m in ARR.
They realized that they were thinking about cancellations all wrong. A relationship with a customer doesn’t stop with the “Cancel” button. So they built Churnkey, which reduces churn by up to 42% with custom cancellation flows. For every customer who clicks “Cancel,” Churnkey offers up dynamic offers that encourage customers to stay subscribed.
Just connect Stripe and plug in a small bit of code. In minutes, you’ll be reducing churn by immediately unlocking subscription pauses, dynamic offers, and cancellation insights.
See how much revenue Churnkey can recover for you. Visit churnkey.co
to start your free trial.