I first met Sabba at a pub in London when Veed was just an early beta product making $0. Fast forward a few years, Veed is now making over $100,000 a month and growing rapidly. It's well-executed product in a growing market, but that hasn't stopped Sabba
Sabba Keynejad is the co-founder and CEO of VEED - an online video editing
platform. VEED is a fully-fledged collaborative video editing product used by many influencers, coaches and businesses for adding subtitles
, merging videos
, making meme videos
, turning podcasts to videos
and much more.
What we covered in this episode:On Veed
On growth and marketing
- What is Veed?
- Where did you come up with the idea?
- What is your current revenue?
- Had you started and failed with anything before?
- What made Veed work out?
- Many indie hackers are solo. You have a co-founder split 50/50 on the business, do you think it's worth indie hackers going out to find a co-founder?
- There are many online video editing tools out there. Wavve, Headliner, Kapwing. What makes Veed different and how has that fed into your growth?
RecommendationsFollow SabbaFollow Me
- Veed has grown super quickly, but how did you get your first 100 users?
- Then how did you convert them to paying customers?
- Your marketing strategy. What did you do at the start for your growth?
- When you started generating revenue, you hired content creators. Why?
- What are your tips for marketing without budget?
- Biggest mistakes / advice you'd give to founders
Thanks to Weekend Club
for sponsoring Indie Bites.‘I absolutely love being part of Weekend Club.’‘Huge fan of Weekend Club and I love being part of it.’‘Absolutely love this community.’
These are real testimonials for Weekend Club - the internet’s most helpful community for bootstrappers. If you’ve ever struggled meeting other solo founders and staying accountable, then this is for you.
We offer weekly Saturday deep working sessions with up to 30 bootstrappers, such as the founders of Simple Poll and VEED, an active Slack community and over 100 software discounts.
Go to weekendclub.co
and enter a very limited promo code ‘Indie Bites’ for 50% off your first month.Full transcript coming soon.