In this episode I talk to Philip Kiely, Head of Marketing at Gumroad, about how he made 20k in his first week selling an info product, why the creator economy is booming, and how you can launch your own product.
Today we're joined by Philip Kiely, who is currently Head of Marketing at Gumroad. Philip also launched "Writing for Software Developers
" last May, making $20,000 in sales in its first week without any pre-existing audience. Since then, Philip has been on a mission to help as many software developers as possible realize that they possess the skills they need to become great writers. What we covered in this episode:
Follow PhilipFollow Me
- Why Philip wrote 'Writing for Software Developers'
- How Philip made $20k in 24 hours with no pre-existing audience
- Should you do pre-sales if you're selling an info product?
- How Philip got his job at Gumroad
- Why there has been a boom in the creator economy
- Why choose Gumroad as your selling platform
- Where a new creator should start when selling a product
- Who made the most money on Gumroad in 2020
- Gumroad Stats 2020
Thanks to Weekend Club
for sponsoring Indie Bites, which is launching in the US this week!‘I absolutely love being part of Weekend Club.’‘Huge fan of Weekend Club and I love being part of it.’‘Absolutely love this community.’
These are real testimonials for Weekend Club - the internet’s most helpful community for bootstrappers. If you’ve ever struggled meeting other solo founders and staying accountable, then this is for you.
We offer weekly Saturday deep working sessions with up to 30 bootstrappers, such as the founders of Simple Poll and VEED, an active Slack community and over 100 software discounts.
Go to weekendclub.co
and enter a very limited promo code ‘Indie Bites’ for 50% off your first month.Interested in ad-free episodes an exclusive content? Sign up to the Indie Feast membership.